1. Jose - good lord those prawns. That jamon. The bustling atmosphere.
2. The Heron - FIRE! In my face!
3. Dragon Palace - Still the best steamed dim sum I've had in London.
4. Chaconia - Soft, pliable rotis stuffed with curry. I've only been twice but I get such a warm welcome.
5. Meat Liquor - Burgers, cocktails and you leave with a mild sense of sleaze. I am obsessed with their deep fried pickles.
That goes to Fish! in Borough Market. I visited with my parents and a friend and a rude, sarcastic waiter should probably be looking to work in a different industry. Depressingly packed to the rafters, the room was loud and uncomfortable; waiting staff pushed past my chair to get to other tables. I had to ask THREE times to order some wine; I get grouchy when I am denied booze. To top it all off, £50 per head for two mediocre courses and no sides. Avoid like the plague.
So, what did I miss? Where should I be going immediately?
To see other bloggers' Top 5, click here.