Monday 2 December 2013

Posh Breakfasting: Koya Bar... Again.


This month's episode of Posh Breakfasting is actually a repeat. I know. All those places to go and eat, and I revisit Koya Bar. I couldn't help it. The lure of a curry for breakfast was all too much for me. 


This was a piping hot bowl of vegetable curry udon. The gravy had chunks of carrot and taro in, as well as green onion. On a day as baltic as it was, washed down with a pot of hot Japanese tea, it was just the thing to power up my morning. My friend's kedgeree made with rice, cooked down to a porridge was cleansing and sweet in comparison to my big ballsy bowlful. The curry udon is not for the faint-hearted, I'll grant you that, but if you're the kind of person who could really eat anything for breakfast, it's a pretty great option. 


Koya Bar
50 Frith Street,
London, W1D 4SQ

No Reservations 
Opens 8:30am for breakfast


4 comments:

Yumbles said...

That would be perfect after a big night out! :-)

Niamh said...

I do love Koya for breakfast but haven't tried this. Have started a breakfast club too - which actually started at Koya in September. Just for fun. Great minds and great breakfast :))

Su-Lin said...

Mmm..... but I first have to wake up to get there at 8:30....ugh.

Hollow Legs said...

Yumbles - it was perfect!

Niamh - Ah brilliant! Great minds indeed.

Su-Lin - Worry not, it's on the main menu too.